Category Archives: DIY
My first attempt at editing a video! Filmed this using my Blackberry again, it can be tricking trying to hole the camera AND be pouring/mixing and trying to measure. 😛
This toner is SUPER easy to make, as well as cheap to make! Witch hazel is a great toner for the skin and the aspirin helps to clear acne and even out skin tone!
- Witch hazel (this can be purchased at your local drugstore)
- Uncoated ASA (aspirin)
- Clean, empty pump or squirt bottle
- Pour 1- 1.5 cups of witch hazel into your container.
- Add 4 ASA tablets.
- Shake well and wait for the aspirin to dissolve.
- Be sure to shake before each use.
- Just apply to a cotton pad and rub all over face, avoiding the eye area.
I tried this recipe with my mom and we both loved it! Our faces were so soft after, what a nice end to the day!
- Rolled oats or oat bran. I found this Scottish Oatmeal at the health food store and decided to try it.
- Unsweetened coconut (this part is optional if you are allergic or just don’t like coconut, just add more oats)
- Natural yogurt (not vanilla!) I picked up the Greek kind, it’s high in fat which is what you want for a facial.
- Honey! As you can see I have the local, organic variety, called Honey Bunny. You can use regular honey, I just prefer to try and use as many organic products as I can when I’m making skin products
- Lemon juice. I had NO lemons and had to substitute for ReaLemon…
How to make it:
- In a small bowl add about 1/8 cup of oats and 1/8 cup of coconut.
- Then add about 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Stir well to combine.
- Apply to face and rub in a circular motion, avoiding the eye area. Allow to sit on face for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water rubbing in a circular motion.
This mask is FULL of vitamins and minerals, not to mention cooling and refreshing!
- Half a sheet of Nori paper (seaweed paper used to wrap on the outside of sushi rolls)
- About 3-4 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- (Optional) 1-2 teaspoons of fresh finely chopped Rosemary
How to make it:
- Submerge the Nori into a bowl of lukewarm water to slightly soften.
- Break apart into pieces and add to yogurt.
- Top with Rosemary if desired and stir well.
- Allow to sit for about 5 mins.
- Stir again to break up seaweed chunks.
- Apply to face, avoiding the eye area and let sit for about 10-15 mins.
- Rinse off with warm water!
This mask is great if you have uneven skin tone, blemishes OR if you want to exfoliate without using anything harsh and scrubbie.
- Three uncoated aspirin tablets (Or in some drug stores you can purchase aspirin powder, this is GREAT if you don’t want a gritty feeling mask.)
- About a teaspoon of water
- Teaspoon of honey or aloe vera gel.
How to make it:
- Place the aspirin tablets on a small dish and pour a teaspoon or two of water over top.
- Allow 10-15 mins to dissolve the aspirin.
- Add the honey or aloe and mix to combine.
- Apply to face in a circular motion and allow to dry for about 10 mins.
- Remove with warm water and massage face in a circular motion.