April 26, 2011 DIY: Oatmeal yogurt scrub/mask
I tried this recipe with my mom and we both loved it! Our faces were so soft after, what a nice end to the day!
- Rolled oats or oat bran. I found this Scottish Oatmeal at the health food store and decided to try it.
- Unsweetened coconut (this part is optional if you are allergic or just don’t like coconut, just add more oats)
- Natural yogurt (not vanilla!) I picked up the Greek kind, it’s high in fat which is what you want for a facial.
- Honey! As you can see I have the local, organic variety, called Honey Bunny. You can use regular honey, I just prefer to try and use as many organic products as I can when I’m making skin products
- Lemon juice. I had NO lemons and had to substitute for ReaLemon…
How to make it:
- In a small bowl add about 1/8 cup of oats and 1/8 cup of coconut.
- Then add about 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Stir well to combine.
- Apply to face and rub in a circular motion, avoiding the eye area. Allow to sit on face for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water rubbing in a circular motion.