February 21, 2011 Apple cider facial toner
This toner is AMAZING! I’ve been using it for about a month now and I’ve noticed a huge improvement in my acne scarring and redness. It’s also reduced my pore size and helped keep my skin clean and clear without being harsh. The apple cider vinegar doesn’t have the greatest smell so the essential oil also helps to keep it smelling a little nicer.
- Apple cider vinegar (I used organic from the health food store)
- Green tea (I used Tazo green tea, the one with lemongrass and ginger)
- Essential oil (I used Tea tree because of it’s antibacterial and clarifying properties)
- Clean spray bottle
How to make it:
- Heat about 1 cup to 1 and a half cups of water to not quite boiling.
- Pour over the green tea bag and allow to steep for 3-5 mins.
- Pour 1 cup of the apple cider vinegar into your spray bottle and add the green tea.
- Add about 5 drops of essential oil and shake to combine all 3 ingredients
- Use for 3-4 weeks.
I find that I used up this whole recipe in a little less than a months time, keeping a mind a gave a little to my mom to try. Use this morning and night after cleansing your face and right before using your moisturizer. Use a cotton swab or cotton round, spray some onto the cotton and wipe over entire face, be careful around the eye area, don’t get too close to your eyes. It’s also great during the day, to spritz a little as a refresher.